What to do when I bring my Indore registered car and bike to Ranchi with respect to NOC, Road Tax Refund etc. ?
When you bring your car and bike to Ranchi, you need to do the following things.
1. Change Address in the RC book to your present address
The following documents are required for change of address in Registration Certificate.
- Form No. 33
- Original Registration Certificate.
- Attested copy of valid insurance.
- Attested copy of address proof of the registered owner.
- Attested copy of valid pollution under control certificate.
- Prescribed fee of Rs. 50 & Rs. 370 for smart card.
- Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Regarding the change of address in Registraction Certificate,where the hypothecation is endorsed in the Registration Certificate,No Objection Certificate from the financer is needed to get the address changed in the Registraction Certificate. The change of address should be applied within 14 days from the date of effect, after that penalty of Rs. 100 per month is applicable.
2. Pay Road Tax in Jharkhand
3. Get NOC from Indore RTO.
Ideally, you should have obtained NOC from RTO in Indore before coming to Ranchi. NOC is done to check whether there are no dues of tax on the vehicle and to confirm that the vehicle was not involved in any illegal activities. NOC needs to be obtained from the RTO where the vehicle is registered.
The following are the required to be completed to obtain NOC
- Application on form 28 (in Quadruplicate)
- Attested copy of the registration certificate.
- Evidence of payment of road tax up-to-date.
- Or no road tax dues certificate from the tax-collection authority.
- Valid PUC/ Valid Insurance.
3. Vehicle Re-register in Jharkhand
If a registered owner of a vehicle brings the vehicle to Jharkhand, which is already registered in some other state after obtaining a N.O.C from the concerned state can apply for re-registration in Jharkhand, The documents required are as under:
- Other state registration certificate in original.
- Form 28 (NOC in duplicate)
- Form 27.
- Form 20.
- Attested copy of address proof.
- Attested copy of valid insurance.
- Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
- Challan clearance from traffic police or enforcement wing of transport department. On case of commercial vehicle only.
- Fitness certificate issued by the board of inspection.
- Road tax (as applicable)
- Prescribed fee for registration.
- PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Parking fees
- Certificate manufactured regarding emission norms
Note: Such registration of vehicle are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.
Note: Attested copy means photocopy attested by MLA/ Nigam Parshad/ Gazetted officer/ notary public.
4. Apply for Tax Refund from Indore RTO
As you have paid road tax in Jharkhand for re-registration, you can apply for getting refund of road tax from Indore RTO.
RTO works - Recently Asked Questions
I bought a bike from Delhi and after 5 years I shifted myself from Delhi to Kolkata and took my bike without getting an NOC from Delhi. I want to take an NOC now. Shall I have to take my bike to Delhi again while submitting documents for NOC?
I had taken a NOC from Bangalore RTO in Feb 2019. I kept my car in Bihar but never registered because I was out of India. I want to register my car now in Bihar. Will the NOC work? How much is fine. Will I be charged by Bihar RTO for delayed registration/ expired NOC? After registration in Bihar, can I apply for Road Tax refund from Bangalore RTO? How much time does it take?
I have a second-hand motorbike from another state. I want to pay the road tax for it in Karnataka now. The current value of motorbike is INR 40,000 as per the Insurance Company. Original Price was INR 95,000 and I bought it second hand at 70,000. The date of purchase is June 2011. I bought it on December 2015. What is the total amount of road tax payable in Karnataka? Also, what is the procedure for paying the road-tax?