Answered on September 12,2019
When you bring your car and bike to Ranchi, you need to do the following things.
1. Change Address in the RC book to your present address
The following documents are required for change of address in Registration Certificate.
- Form No. 33
- Original Registration Certificate.
- Attested copy of valid insurance.
- Attested copy of address proof of the registered owner.
- Attested copy of valid pollution under control certificate.
- Prescribed fee of Rs. 50 & Rs. 370 for smart card.
- Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Regarding the change of address in Registraction Certificate,where the hypothecation is endorsed in the Registration Certificate,No Objection Certificate from the financer is needed to get the address changed in the Registraction Certificate. The change of address should be applied within 14 days from the date of effect, after that penalty of Rs. 100 per month is applicable.
2. Pay Road Tax in Jharkhand
3. Get NOC from Indore RTO.
Ideally, you should have obtained NOC from RTO in Indore before coming to Ranchi. NOC is done to check whether there are no dues of tax on the vehicle and to confirm that the vehicle was not involved in any illegal activities. NOC needs to be obtained from the RTO where the vehicle is registered.
The following are the required to be completed to obtain NOC
- Application on form 28 (in Quadruplicate)
- Attested copy of the registration certificate.
- Evidence of payment of road tax up-to-date.
- Or no road tax dues certificate from the tax-collection authority.
- Valid PUC/ Valid Insurance.
3. Vehicle Re-register in Jharkhand
If a registered owner of a vehicle brings the vehicle to Jharkhand, which is already registered in some other state after obtaining a N.O.C from the concerned state can apply for re-registration in Jharkhand, The documents required are as under:
- Other state registration certificate in original.
- Form 28 (NOC in duplicate)
- Form 27.
- Form 20.
- Attested copy of address proof.
- Attested copy of valid insurance.
- Attested copy of pollution under control certificate.
- Challan clearance from traffic police or enforcement wing of transport department. On case of commercial vehicle only.
- Fitness certificate issued by the board of inspection.
- Road tax (as applicable)
- Prescribed fee for registration.
- PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Parking fees
- Certificate manufactured regarding emission norms
Note: Such registration of vehicle are subject to clearance from National Crime Record Bureau. The Transport Department arranges the clearance certificate themselves.
Note: Attested copy means photocopy attested by MLA/ Nigam Parshad/ Gazetted officer/ notary public.
4. Apply for Tax Refund from Indore RTO
As you have paid road tax in Jharkhand for re-registration, you can apply for getting refund of road tax from Indore RTO.
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- How can i transfer my 2 wheeler rc after selling my bike. Its rc is from rajahmundry, I am selling it in kurnool, what's the process? Write Answer
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- In gujarat rto, i applied for both mcwg and lmv. But gave the test of mcwg only. Will i get license of mcwg? Write Answer
- My LMV license taken from Karunagappaly and I renewed at kayamkulam 2 times. When I am trying to renew my license site shows de-duplication and asking to contact rto. What to do? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.