Answered on November 03,2021
Once the original sale deed is lost, cannot get the original sale deed until your find the lost sale deed.
However, you can obtain a certified copy of the sale deed from sub-registrar office (SRO). Certified copy is not the original sale deed but its the substitute of original sale deed.
Certified copy of sale deed from SRO can be used for mortgage, subject to submission of following documents to bank
Certified copy of sale deed, attested by SRO
Ownership proof (Typically Aadhaar or passport, ID proof name should match to the names in certified copy of sale deed)
Newspaper clip that you lost original sale deed (One from local language and another from English language newspaper)
Getting certified copy from SRO is quite simple and easy. You should have anyone of the below details to file certified copy application.
Property registration number
It possible to track the sale deed even if you don’t have property registration number or encumbrance certificate. One can track the sale deed just by name seller or buyer and property address.
We wrote a separate answer and explained in detailed procedure to track the information of lost sale deed. We linked the answer below.
Below is the image of certified copy that we tracked the details based on the buyer name and we obtained the attestation from SRO for mortgage.
We arrange certified copy in Karnataka. To opt for our service, please WhatsApp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading
- I have purchased empty plot in karnataka state. The total area as per sale deed registered is less than the area as per the approved sketch having a difference in area of 500 sqft . Now the original owner of the property who has sold to 2nd party and 2nd party sold to me . The original owner of the property is making problems by marking 500sqft of the area inside the approved sketch and not allowing me to fence the 500 sqft area. The reason he is encroaching as per his statement is that land is converted as per alienation order is less by 500 sqft but in the same DC approved sketch is showing area 500 sqft more which is not registered in sale deed. Write Answer
- What is the value of CTC copy of sale deed issued by Registry office in the court of law? Write Answer
- How sell industrial estate plot or shed which is in lease cum sale deed in Karnataka? Write Answer
- Will CTC copy of sale deed will declare me as original owner by court of Law? Write Answer
- Can I get a bank loan on Certified True Copy of sale deed issued by the Sub Registrar office? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.