Answered on February 07,2020
After purchasing the vehicle from a dealer:, the applicant shall produce the following application / documents / fees and tax challan :
- Application form CMV FORM 20 (signature of the financier in case of HPA/Hypothecation/Lease).
- Sale Certificate in form CMV FORM 21.
- Valid Insurance certificate.
- Proof of Address (Any one of the following ) :
o Ration Card.
o LIC Policy.
o Electricity or Telephone bill.
o Pay slip issued by any office of the Central Government or a State Government or a Local body.
o House tax receipt.
- Himachali certificate in case of Transport vehicle/ Stage/ Contract carriage vehicle.
- Temporary Registration issued by the Registering Authority or Trade Certificate issued by the Dealer.
- Road Worthiness Certificate in CMV FORM 22.
- Form CMV FORM 22A in case of Body built vehicle (EX. Goods vehicle, bus etc.).
- Customs clearance certificate in case of imported vehicle with and bond.
- Prescribed fee amount to be paid at R.T.O Counter/Treasury.
- Tax payable (depending upon the category of vehicle).
- Income Tax clearance certificate in form 60 or a declaration.
- Bonafide agriculture certificate issued by the Tehsildar in case of registration of Tractor-Trailor unit used for agriculture.
- Permit proceedings if any in case of transport vehicle.
All the related applications shall be filed before the Registering Authority and Vehicle shall be produced for inspection in the premises of the R.T.O/S.D.M.