Answered on April 08,2020
Suvarna Khata was launched as part of Suvarna Bangalore celebrations in 2006 to curb the rampant corruption at BBMP's revenue offices.
The process of obtaining khatas has been simplified to ensure that citizens, who apply for khata, can get it easily. Although it was initially decided to sanction the khata within 30 working days from the date of applying for properties under all categories, the civic body has now decided to give the khatas within seven days in respect of some properties.
Khatas for properties that have been allotted by Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) and the Karnataka Housing Board will be issued within seven days. This apart, such properties that already have a khata and have to be transferred to some other person will be sanctioned within seven days. Applications pertaining to properties in BDA reconveyed areas, gramathanas and revenue extensions, khata bifurcation, amalgamation and high-rise buildings (apartments and commercial complexes) will be cleared within 30 days. Khatas for all properties can be collected after the prescribed number of days from the same counters. The documents required would be printed behind the application form and put up at every revenue office.
Some of the documents required are title deed, tax receipt and a rough sketch of the property. The prescribed tax and khata extract fee should be paid through demand draft in favour of the BBMP Commissioner. This should be submitted along with application and other documents. Any complaints with regard to "Suvarna Khata" can be lodged with the zonal joint commissioners.
Application form for Suvarna Khata is available here.
- What is the process to correct if the BDA site number mentioned in katha is wrong? Write Answer
- How to know property details in Andhra Pradesh? Write Answer
- What is the meaning of the Khatha number? Write Answer
- I ma not able to complete the online BBMP khatha transfer process. During Esigning, after entering OTP, Its giving an error that "Your information is not secure and whether you want to continue?" Once i click yes, it taking us to login page again. I tried in different computer, different Browsers, Mobile but issue still persists. What to do? Write Answer
- How do I collect the Hadbast statement from nadkacheri office hargur hobli? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.