Answered on September 09,2019
Following are the restrictions under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and Special Marriage Act, 1954:
- Bridegroom or bride who desire to marry should not have a married wife / husband. Bridegroom or bride who cannot voluntarily give consent for marriages owing to mental illness is not eligible for marriage.
- Marriage of those who are capable of giving consent for marriage but incapable of getting child owing to unsound mind cannot be solemnised nor be registered. Those suffering from insanity are ineligible for solemnisation of marriage. Those who are within degree of prohibited relationship are ineligible for marriage provided they can marry if it is permitted according to the custom or usage governing such persons.
- Bridegroom and bride who are descendants up to 5 generations from mother's side or father's side cannot marry (They are called Sapindas).
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- 2018 ലാണ് എന്റെ വിവാഹം നടന്നത് രണ്ട് വീട്ടുക്കാർ മാത്രം. ക്ഷണക്കത്ത് ഇല്ല , ആരാധനാലയത്തിലുമല്ല. വീട്ടിൽ നിന്ന് ഇതുവരെയും രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്തിട്ടില്ല. ഇനി ചെയ്യാൻ പറ്റുമോ ? Write Answer
- Within how many days marriage should be registered in Mumbai? Write Answer
- What is form 2 while registering marriage in Kerala? Write Answer
- How can I get my marriage certificate if I was married at Mumbai suburb (Matunga) on 17th February 1955? Write Answer
- నేను హిందూ ముస్లిం అబ్బాయి ని పెళ్లి చేసుకుంటున్నాను పెళ్లి సర్టిఫికేట్ ఇవ్వడానికి హాజీ లు నిరకరిస్తున్నారు ఇస్లీమ్ సర్టిఫికెట్ పొందుటకు ప్రాసెస్ మరియు ఏ కార్యాలయం లో నమోదు చేయాలి Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.