Answered on September 09,2019
Following are the restrictions under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955 and Special Marriage Act, 1954:
- Bridegroom or bride who desire to marry should not have a married wife / husband. Bridegroom or bride who cannot voluntarily give consent for marriages owing to mental illness is not eligible for marriage.
- Marriage of those who are capable of giving consent for marriage but incapable of getting child owing to unsound mind cannot be solemnised nor be registered. Those suffering from insanity are ineligible for solemnisation of marriage. Those who are within degree of prohibited relationship are ineligible for marriage provided they can marry if it is permitted according to the custom or usage governing such persons.
- Bridegroom and bride who are descendants up to 5 generations from mother's side or father's side cannot marry (They are called Sapindas).
- How to get a new marriage certificate online as I was born and married in Uttar Pradesh but now residing in Maharashtra? Write Answer
- How can I get 25 years old marriage certificate in West bengal? Write Answer
- How to get affidavit of marital status from India for abroad? Write Answer
- My wife working in the UK now. How to register late marriage in Kerala? Write Answer
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.