Answered on September 20,2019
Following steps have to be completed for transfer of ownership.
Obtain NOC from RTO where vehicle is registered.
- Apply for Ownership Transfer at RTO in the migrated state.
a. Obtain NOC from RTO where vehicle is registered
If Vehicle is registered in Hyderabad, you need to get NOC from the respective RTO in Hyderabad. Following documents are required to obtain NOC from RTO where the vehicle is registered.
FORM 28 in quadruplicate (4 copies) for issue of No Objection Certificate
Pollution Under Control certificate
Consent of Financier on CMV form 28 (if the vehicle is covered by Hypothecation, HPA or a lease agreement)
Permit and fitness certificate (applicable for commercial vehicles)
Pencil print of the chassis number for the CMV 28 form
Photo identity and address proof
Once you submit all the applications, RTO will obtain a report of the vehicle from police authority to check if the vehicle is involved in any criminal case or stolen. If there are no incidence, then a clearance certificate will be issued. NOC application is free of charge.
b. Apply for Ownership Transfer at RTO in the migrated state
If the buyer is in Chennai, then he needs to apply for ownership transfer at RTO in Chennai.
Once NOC is obtained, application for the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle shall be made by the buyer within 45 days to the registering authorities using the following documents.
Form 29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease, Form 30 (Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle) shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.
Original RC book
Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
Copy of address proof
Copy of PAN card
One passport size photograph of the person who buys the vehicle
Self-addressed clothed envelope with stamps of required worth affixed on it for speed post
Registration certificate with new owners name will be received with in 3–4 weeks.
- Kya main tamilnaidu ki bike talangana main chala sakti hu? Write Answer
- I have taken NOC from Hyderabad to Chennai during 2016. I had not re-registered that and sold by bike to friend. How could I get NOC canceled at Chennai so that Hyd RTO can accept the RC transfer? Write Answer
- U P. RTO has issued a NOC to Chennai in respect of my car in 2011 June. But neither I have re-registered at Chennai nor I have applied for cancellation for my NOC till date ie. august 2021. I have not utilized the car due to some reasons. Now I want to transfer my RC from UP to Telangana state. What to do? Write Answer
- I have a bike registered in Tamilnadu.But before I get transfer from Tamilnadu to Telangana state, I applied for NOC in Tamilnadu and I got it.But I didn't register my bike in Telangana ,instead I used my bike with Tamilnadu registration in Telangana for almost 2 yrs and I know NOC would have expired already but now I want to sell my bike or register in Telangana state. What will be the procedure? And if I need to reapply for NOC in Tamilnadu again Do I need to transfer my bike to Tamilnadu and do the process? Write Answer
- I purchased my Bajaj Boxer in the year 2000 in Chennai. Moved to Hyderabad in 2004. Since i forgot to get my NOC from Chennai, I stopped driving it. Then I went abroad for several years and now back to Hyderabad in 2021. After servicing the vehicle is perfectly fine. However I still do not have NOC. Do I need to travel to Chennai with my vehicle to get my NOC now ? Or is there any agency who can do all paper work from chennai for the NOC of my vehicle so that I can do a re registration in Hyderabad? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Task Master Gulf
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.