Answered on October 22,2019
The Tax Refund can only be applied once the Vehicle is registered in New State. Documents required for road tax refund is mentioned below.
- Car Chassis Imprint
- New Smart Card (Notarized Copy) & Old Smart Card (Original or Notarized copy as available)
- New Insurance Copy, PUC Copy
- State Transfer NOC (Photocopy)
- Road Tax Receipt as originally paid in First State where vehicle was registered
- New Road Tax receipt photocopy as Paid
- ID Proof with New Address Proof as Proof of Migration
- RTO Form 16, RTO Form DT as application for Tax Refund
- Request letter for refund along Bank Account Number / Address on which cheque needs to be sent
- New Registration Authority has to send CRTI Intimation that vehicle is registered in New State (applicable only in Karnataka)
Send all these documents with Notarized Copies of Photocopy along with self affixed stamp with equivalent value of Registered Post on it to the original RTO Office where vehicle is registered.
- Can any agent help in getting duplicate license issued in tolichowki Hyderabad as my license photo defaced and damaged? I'm based in Delhi now can't travel.Can this be done without my presence? Write Answer
- In gujarat rto, i applied for both mcwg and lmv. But gave the test of mcwg only. Will i get license of mcwg? Write Answer
- My LMV license taken from Karunagappaly and I renewed at kayamkulam 2 times. When I am trying to renew my license site shows de-duplication and asking to contact rto. What to do? Write Answer
- What documents do I have to submit to buy a vehicle in Goa as I am working in Goa from 3 yrs? Write Answer
- How to verify my driving licence number? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.