Answered on December 23,2019
There are 55 articles described in the Schedule to the Karnataka Stamp Act, 1957 for which State Government prescribes stamp duty. Example: Affidavit, adoption deed, sale deed, gift deed, lease deed, mortgage, license, partition deed, and settlement deed, etc.
- Is it mandatory to pay stamp duty as per the schedule of the Karnataka Stamp Act for a document relating to property situated in Karnataka that is executed in the other State of India? What is the procedure to be followed?
- How to pay stamp duty in respect of a document executed out of India to be used in Karnataka? What is the procedure to be followed?
- Stamp duty is levied on the market value of the property involved in sale gift, exchange settlement. How to know the market value of property in Karnataka?
- How to prevent the use of fake stamp papers in Karnataka?
- Is there a concession of the stamp duty in relation to scheduled caste and scheduled tribes in Karnataka? If so, what is the extent?
- Is there a concession of stamp duty for mortgage deeds executed by agriculturists to obtain loans from banks for agricultural improvements in Karnataka?
- Is there concession of the stamp duty in respect of sale deeds executed in favor of families who lost their property in Upper Krishna Project and purchase another property with the help of money paid as compensation by the Government of Karnataka?