Answered on July 09,2022
Name of the Service : Transfer of Khatas
Whom to approach for this service (Designated Officer)? : Assistant Revenue Officer
Procedure involved to get this service :1. Application in prescribed format 2. Attested copy of the title deed
Who are eligible to get this service : Property owner
Documents to be enclosed with the request :
1 . APPLICATION IN PRESCRIBED FORM
2 . ATTESTED COPY OF THE TITLE DEED
3 . COPIES OF THE PREVIOUS TAX PAID RECEIPTS
4 . TITLE DOCUMENTS (PREVIOUS TITLE DEED) WITH FLOW CHART OF TITLE (IN CASE OF FAMILY PARTITION/BIFURCATION ETC.)(ATTESTED COPIES FROM GAZETTED OFFICER/BBMP OFFICERS)
5 . AFFIDAVIT IN CASE OF INHERITANCE / GIFT DEED / WILL DEED/ COURT DECREE ETC.,
6 . ORIGINAL DEATH CERTIFICATE IN CASE OF KATHADARS DEATH(FOR TRANSFER)
7 . NOC FROM ALL THE FAMILY MEMBERS OF THE DECEASED KATHADARS FAMILY.
Fee/Charges to be paid to get the service : Minimum 500 or 2 percent of the stamp paper used registered title document.
Maximum number of days to wait to get this service delivered : 30 Working Days
Whom to approach as a appeal (Competent Officer), if the service is not delivered in time or rejected by officer : Revenue Officer
Maximum number of days to wait to get the decision of the Competent Officer : 30 Working Days
Whom to approach as 2nd appeal (Appellate Authority), if the decision of the Competent officer is not acceptable or not implemented? : Additional/Joint Commissioner of the Zone
Maximum no. of days to wait to get the decision of Appellate Authority : 30 Working Days
Website (if online) : www.bbmp.gov.in
Answered on July 19,2022
You can apply for the Khata transfer online on Sakala Online Services but getting the Khata transfer without Aadhar is challenging
As of now, BBMP has not provided the option to apply Khata transfer without Aadhar authentication. When you apply for Khata tranfer online on Sakala Online service, its mandatory to complete Aadhar authentication by entering the OTP received to mobile number linked with Aadhar
As an NRI, you may not be owning the aadhar and it would be difficult or not possible for you to apply for Khata transfer,
I wish BBMP would have provided the option for NRI to apply Khata transfer without Aadhar authentication or any other mode of authentication. so NRIs could avail the service of Khata transfer,
Most NRIs could not able to apply Khata Transfer because they are not owning the aadhar with mobile number linked with aadhar.
If any of your family members have Aadhar in India, use their aadhar for your khata application, within one week from the day of filing application, you may receive call from BBMP officer for name mismatch, explain your challenges to officer and request the officer to take the application forward.
Officer may consider your request and take the application forward.
In a separate answer, we wrote a detailed procedure to apply for Khata Transfer, linking the answer below for your reference.
We provide end-to-end assistance for Khata transfer. To opt for our service, please WhatsApp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0
Thank you for reading…
Bhoomi RTC - Land Records in Karnataka (2022)Bhoomi (meaning “land”) is an online portal for the management of land records in the state of Karnataka. This portal provides the following information. Land owners de..
- Purchased an individual house constructed in bda lyut and it is not handed over to BBMP. Building plan (G+2) is approved by BBMP in the year 2017 and property construction(g+3) is completed by 2020 but tax assessment is not done. How to correct this? Write Answer
- My friends grandmother had 4 floor building and each Floor convyed to 4 children's, and my friends dad got 1St floor from gift deed, he didn't apply for Katha transfer and he convyed that to my friend and his sister through gift deed, and sister reconveyed to my friend, now he his having gift deed on his name for 1St floor, now he want to apply for Katha and he has pay taxes, but for whole building Katha is showing my friends uncle's name who got ground floor. How to get Katha on my friend name? Write Answer
- In khata extract measurement coloum is given as VL but there is a building and property tax is been paid for building. How to rectify Khata extract? Write Answer
- I have received my khata certificate and in khata certificate both owners name is there. But when I login to pay tax online and search for the property only secondary owner is showing up. Is there any problem with that? Write Answer
- How can I see my khata transfer certificate online? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.