Answered on September 13,2019
1) IDV value is not used to calculate the road tax. Invoice Amount of vehicle is used to calculate the road tax. I will take a guess on the road tax, but it might not be correct.
In Maharashtra, Petrol cars have 11-13% road tax and diesel cars have 13-15% road tax. I am assuming a road tax of 13% and depreciation of 30% on the price of vehicle as it is 5 years old. So, for a vehicle of 1 lakh, road tax will be 1 * (1-30%) * 13% = 9100 + taxes
It might be lesser than this as well. Please check with an agent as well.
2) Paying road tax doesn't mean you can use KA number plate in Maharashtra. If you are planning to stay in Maharashtra for more than a year, you should apply for MH registration.
3) Getting tax refund is a long process. It might take up to 1 year. You can check the status of road tax refund during this period by filing RTI.
Full tax amount will not be refunded. Assume that you have paid road tax as 100 in Karnataka at the time of registration and you have used it for 5 years there. As lifetime of a vehicle is 15 years, you will get extra tax paid for 10 years. So you will get 100*(10/15)= 66 or something in that range.
Also, please note that either the vehicle has to be mandatory registered in new state or the Old Registration has to be applied for cancellation, post which only the refund application will be accepted for payment of Pro Rata Tax Amount
Answered on November 11,2019
You can check this video to calculate the road tax to be paid in Bangalore.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- What's the timeline and process to get refund of Road Tax from Gurgaon, Haryana? I have already registered my 4 wheeler vehicle in Maharashtra. Write Answer
- I've applied for fitness renewal online. I've RC insurance and PUC. What are other documents needed while taking the vehicle to the RTO in Maharashtra? Write Answer
- I took NOC for scooter from Pune to the wrong RTO office in Chennai where my residence doesn't comes under it. What can I do further to reregister my scooter in the right RTO office? Write Answer
- I bought NOC from Pune to Chennai. The only option in Chennai while applying online was Chennai North RTO. Now RTO office in sholinganallur states that the vehicle can't be re registered with the same. What can I do to change the RTO office name? Write Answer
- I bought a used car from Mumbai. I got the NOC made by the previous owner from MH01 to TN07. Since the car is being transferred to my name after purchase, once I pay Road Tax for the car, will I get reimbursement from the MH01 RTO? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.