Answered on July 19,2022
You must take following steps in case you lost the sale deed
Step 1: Certified copy
Step 2: Affidavit
Step 3: FIR
Step 4: Newspaper ad
Let me narrate my experience for your better understanding:
I registered the sale deed on 7th April 2018.
In Jan 2022, during transit, I lost all my property documents including sale deed, encumbrance certificate, Khata and tax-paid receipt. Even I don’t remember the registration number of my sale deed.
In Karnataka, properties registered after 2004 are recorded digitally and saved scan copy of property documents in Kaveri Online service.
My property is registered after 2004 so based on my name (Sheena) and my property address, I searched my Encumbrance Certificate on Kaveri Online Services. Through search report, we found the property registration number and encircled the registration number in below image,
Step 1: Based on the above Registration number, we extracted the certified copy of sale deed on Kaveri Online Service. Below is the image of certified copy (posted only 1st page of certified copy)
Step 2: To file FIR in police station, we need to prepare an affidavit so we prepared the below affidavit stating that we lost the original sale deed
Step 3: Visited the police station and gave the below written complain
Filed the below FIR
Step 4: Published in two newspapers, one in English newspaper and another in local language newspaper, Below are the images of publication.
We wrote a letter to Area revenue office (ARO) to find our property tax application number and khata number based on our above sale deed certified copy.
In 20 days, we received our property tax application number and new Khata extract from BBMP.
By now, we have almost all the documents, listed below
- Sale Deed certified copy
- Encumbrance Certificate
- Property tax receipt
- Newspaper publishing clip
We pledged the above documents for personal loan in Bank, also we can sell the property using the above documents.
We provide assistance to extract Sale Deed copy. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- My friends grandmother had 4 floor building and each Floor convyed to 4 children's, and my friends dad got 1St floor from gift deed, he didn't apply for Katha transfer and he convyed that to my friend and his sister through gift deed, and sister reconveyed to my friend, now he his having gift deed on his name for 1St floor, now he want to apply for Katha and he has pay taxes, but for whole building Katha is showing my friends uncle's name who got ground floor. How to get Katha on my friend name? Write Answer
- How to make rectification in site number of sale deed ? Have order from high court of Karnataka to get the rectification done. Write Answer
- I have purchased empty plot in karnataka state. The total area as per sale deed registered is less than the area as per the approved sketch having a difference in area of 500 sqft . Now the original owner of the property who has sold to 2nd party and 2nd party sold to me . The original owner of the property is making problems by marking 500sqft of the area inside the approved sketch and not allowing me to fence the 500 sqft area. The reason he is encroaching as per his statement is that land is converted as per alienation order is less by 500 sqft but in the same DC approved sketch is showing area 500 sqft more which is not registered in sale deed. Write Answer
- How sell industrial estate plot or shed which is in lease cum sale deed in Karnataka? Write Answer
- Can I sell my plot with certified copies of Sale Deed in Karnataka? Will the broker try to reduce the price? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.