Is permanent resident certificate required for EWS?

Abhishek Abhishek
Answered on February 19,2020

You need to have a domicile or residential certificate to prove that you belong to that particular state for availing EWS reservations.

Permanent Residency Certificates is also similar to a Domicile or Residential certificate which serves as proof of permanent resident of a citizen in a village or town or ward. This certificate certifies that a particular person belongs to a particular state.

Only the following States in India issues PRC.

  • Arunachal Pradesh
  • Assam
  • Mizoram
  • Meghalaya
  • Tripura
  • Manipur
  • Jammu & Kashmir

So, if you belong to any of these states, you might be asked by the Authorities to submit a PRC rather than a domicile or residential certificate.