Is it possible to get a new caste certificate as I had lost my original caste certificate (NT-2 Certificate), but I have a Xerox copy?

Prasad Prasad
Answered on January 25,2020

As you already have xerox of original, it is easier for you to get an Original certificate. You can try any of these methods.

  • Visit the  Nayab Tahasildar in the area from where the caste certificate is issued. They might sometimes issue a new certificate as they have already provided  it once, without much examination. If you have any issues, you can approach the Tahsildar or Sub Divisional Officer in your area.
  • You can contact Aaple Sarkar Toll-Free number 1800 120 8040 to get your query answered.
  • If the above 2 methods doesn't work out, you can apply for caste certificate again as mentioned in the link below.

How to get OBC Caste Certificate in Maharashtra ?