I have migrated my vehicle from Odisha to Karnataka and already registered the vehicle. Do I need to change the vehicle registration number from OD to KA? If yes, what is the process for that? If not, can I have a legal document that I can show to the traffic police ?

your question is not clear. If you have migrated from Odisha to Karnataka and registered the vehicle at Karnataka, you will  have  KA registration.