Answered on December 14,2020
Cannot obtain a home loan by submitting a photocopy of sale deed and photocopy of other supporting documents like an encumbrance certificate, Khata certificate, and tax paid receipt.
All should be original.
However, if you lost or missed placed the original sale deed. Can obtain a certified copy of sale deed from sub-register office. Apply for a certified copy of sale deed at respective sub-register office where the property was registered.
In Karnataka, apply for a certified copy of sale deed at sub-register office or through Kaveri Online service, To obtain through Kaveri Online service, a property must be registered after 2004 and should know the registration number of property or the following details
- District where the property located
- Sub-Register office where the was registered
- Document Number or Allotment Number
- Book Type
- Year of Registration
(Like Karnataka, many other states in India gone online to issue a certified copy of sale deed)
To answer your question in short, you can obtain a loan if you submit a certified copy of sale deed signed by revenue officer. Just the photocopy alone doesn’t suffice for home loan documentation.
In Karnataka, we provide the service of obtaining a certified copy of sale deed. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- Who has to purchase the bond paper to write agreement of sale whether seller or buyer? Write Answer
- Which of the papers in the sale agreement is required to be xeroxed to change the name on property tax? Write Answer
- Will CTC copy of sale deed will declare me as original owner by court of Law? Write Answer
- Mother wants to gift deed her property to son. Can daughter challenge? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.