I have lost my NoC which I obtained for my bike. How can I get it back from the RTO?

Narayan Narayan
Answered on October 08,2019

There is no standard set of procedures being followed in case of lost NOC.

It would be helpful if you meet RTO Officer in person and take the assistance of way forward for the same. Before meeting the RTO officer, you can write a letter to RTO requesting the authority to provide a duplicate copy of the issued NOC. You should mention the fact that the NOC was not utilized. You should also mention that the Registration number remains the same and it is not re-registered in another state. Along with this letter attach the xerox copy of the RC.

Sometimes, the RTO officer might ask you to file an FIR stating that you have lost the NOC.

If nothing works out, you can apply for NOC again with the same set of documents as you have applied.

Srinivas Srinivas
Answered on October 08,2019

I am assuming that you have taken NOC for vehicle re-registration in another state. In that case, you can try the following hack (not recommended).

Many people forget to take NOC at the time of vehicle transfer from the RTO where vehicle is registered. In case NOC has not been obtained at the time of migration, the registered owner is required to apply in Form 28 to the parent RTO along with documents for issue of NOC. In case, no reply is received from the previous RTO even after 30 days, the registered owner shall submit a copy of applied Form 28, along with the postal acknowledgment for having submitted the required forms to previous RTO, and a declaration stating that the application for “NOC has neither been rejected nor any reply received from the previous registering authority” to whom the application has been made.