I have claimed road tax from RTO on account of the Total Loss. Is there a possibility to repay the tax and use it?

Varun Varun
Answered on September 11,2019

You might have got the refund from RTO as your vehicle is completely damaged and is not fit to use. So if you need to drive your car again, you need to get a fitness certificate as well.

As per my knowledge, there is no provision within the Motor Vehicle Act to repay the road tax on account of Total Loss and drive the car again as the Registration Certificate of the car is also cancelled now.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question


Sarthi Parivahan Sewa 2024- Driving License, Vehicle Information

The Ministry of Road Transport & Highways (MoRTH) has been instrumental in automating more than 1300 Road Transport Offices (RTOs) nationwide. These RTOs issue essential documents, inclu..
  Click here to get a detailed guide