Answered on February 12,2020
Since you will be staying in India, your status will be resident in India as per the income tax Act. Any salary or income earned by you will be taxable in India. So you have to report your income from the UK company while filing your tax returns in India. And pay tax on it in India. In case the company deducts any tax in the UK, you can take benefit of it in your tax return in India. This can be done by referring to the Double Taxation Avoidance Agreement between India and the UK. The Agreement ensures that taxpayers do not have to pay tax twice on the same income. You can use the salary slips issued to you to report your salary income and file your tax return in India.
- My son is an NRI and his tenant has to deduct TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) every month and deposit in the bank. After every quarter, he has to submit Form 27A and 27Q online and then generate Form 16A. Is it possible that I deposit TDS amount as advance tax every month in the bank?
- I am a senior citizen and the length of income tax return form 2 or ITR 2 is worrying. Is it necessary for a Non-Resident Indian (NRI) to fill the Schedule of FSI, tax relief (TR), Foreign Assets (FA)?
- I am a non-resident Indian (NRI). I do (Systematic Investment Plan)SIPs in six equity mutual fund schemes that amount to INR1.8 lakh a month. I do not have any income in India and every year I get refund for tax deducted at source (TDS) of debt funds. I would like to churn my portfolio (units that have completed 1 year) every year before 31 March and reinvest the amount in same plan before 31 March. Will long-term capital gain tax (LTCG) tax reflect on my 26AS certificate? Can I claim refund as I do not have any income in India?
- I am an Indian resident. Can I ask the US firm to deposit the money directly into my India bank account? What will be the interest rates paid to me by the banks in India? Will the US firm be expected to deduct TDS and remit to income-tax department in India and give me proof of such deposit in Form 16. Will I need to charge Goods and Services Tax, (GST) on the earnings and remit to government?
- What is the road tax amount for yellow board vehicle while purchasing?
- ഫ്രീലാൻസർ ആയിട്ടുള്ള ഒരാൾ ജി.എസ്.ടി രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്യണോ ?
- How to do ITR filing on Capital Gains, both Short Term and Long Term ?