I am a student of general category and from an economically weaker section. How can I apply for the EWS certificate as I don't have an Income Certificate and BPL card of my own? But my parents have. Will it work?

Praveen Praveen
Answered on September 26,2019

You can use your parent's Income Certificate/ BPL card for applying for EWS. Payslip of Self/Parents can also be used to prove your income.

Procedure to get EWS Certificate

The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate. In order to get EWS certificate, you need to follow the below procedure.

  • Visit any of the following officers in your area to get Income and Asset Certificate.The Income and Asset Certificate issued 'by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate's claim as 'belonging to EWS.  

    • Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar

    • Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.

    • District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary  Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner

    • Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate

  • The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.

  • Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.

Hey , can you help?
Answer this question