Answered on September 26,2019
You can use your parent's Income Certificate/ BPL card for applying for EWS. Payslip of Self/Parents can also be used to prove your income.
Procedure to get EWS Certificate
The benefit of reservation under EWS can be availed upon production of an Income and Asset Certificate. In order to get EWS certificate, you need to follow the below procedure.
Visit any of the following officers in your area to get Income and Asset Certificate.The Income and Asset Certificate issued 'by any one of the following authorities in the prescribed format shall only be accepted as proof of candidate's claim as 'belonging to EWS.
Revenue Officer not below the rank of Tehsildar
Sub-Divisional Officer or the area where the candidate and/or his family normally resides.
District Magistrate/Additional District Magistrate/ Collector/ Deputy Commissioner/Additional Deputy Commissioner/ 1st Class Stipendary Magistrate/ Sub-Divisional Magistrate/ Taluka Magistrate/ Executive Magistrate/ Extra Assistant Commissioner
Chief Presidency Magistrate/Additional Chief Presidency Magistrate/ Presidency Magistrate
The Officer who issues the certificate would do the same after carefully verifying all relevant documents following due process as prescribed by the respective State/UT.
Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- In my ews certificate, they mistakenly write S/O instead of D/O.What to do? Write Answer
- What will happen to that vacant seat if EWS candidate is not available? Is it converted to a general candidate for govt job? Write Answer
- Can I apply for ews certificate if my residential plot at the time of buying was outside the municipality limit but now inside the municipality limit? Write Answer
- What will happen to EWS quit seats on PhD admissions in Maharashtra if there are no applicants from the category? Write Answer
- If I am from Andhra Pradesh and belong to the Kalinga Vysya community of Srikakulam district, which falls under the BCD category in my state, and I wish to apply for central level exams like GATE, etc., which category should I consider myself under? If I am categorized as OC (Open Category), can I also apply for EWS (Economically Weaker Sections) reservation? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
A R Ashraf
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.