I am a student from Nepal currently pursuing my post graduation in India. Can I get Pan card in India?

Yes, as a foreign student pursuing post-graduation in India, you are eligible to apply for a PAN (Permanent Account Number) card in India. PAN card is a ten-digit alphanumeric number issued by the Income Tax Department of India to individuals and entities for various financial and tax-related purposes.

To apply for a PAN card, you need to follow these steps:

Visit the official website of NSDL or UTIITSL, which are authorized agencies for PAN card processing in India.

Fill the online application form 49A or 49AA, depending on whether you are an Indian citizen or a foreign national.

Provide your personal and contact details, including your name, date of birth, nationality, address in India, and email ID.

Upload the scanned copies of your passport, proof of address in India, and a recent passport-size photograph.

Pay the application fee online using a credit or debit card, net banking or through a demand draft.

Submit the application and take note of the acknowledgment number for future reference.

Once the application is processed, you will receive the PAN card by post at your Indian address.

It is important to note that having a PAN card is mandatory for foreign nationals who earn income in India, such as salary, interest, rent, or capital gains, and are required to file income tax returns in India. Therefore, you should consider applying for a PAN card if you plan to earn income in India during your post-graduation or intend to stay in India for an extended period.



How would you rate the answer?

Excellent Good Neutral Poor Bad

Thank you for your response..