Answered on October 13,2019
To transfer the ownership of the vehicle, submit the following documents at the RTO where your vehicle is registered.
Application in Form No.29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/Hire Purchase Agreement/Lease, Application in Form No.30 (Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle)
Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
Insurance document of the vehicle
Passport-sized photos of the seller and buyer
Road tax clearance certificate
No Objection Certificate (in case the vehicle is bought from another state).
A fee of INR 300 and Service charge of INR 50 as per rule 81 of Motor Vehicle Act.
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- ഞാൻ ബീഹാറിൽ നിന്നും ഒരു LMV ടിപ്പർ vangichu sreeram financil നിന്നുമാണ് വാങ്ങിച്ചത് pappers എല്ലാം കയ്യിൽ ഉണ്ട് ഒരു വർഷം ആയി വാങ്ങിയിട്ട് ഞാൻ n o c എടുക്കുമ്പോൾ ആദ്യത്തെ owner ആവശ്യമുണ്ടോ? Write Answer
- Is it possible to get a towing permit for jeeps in Kerala? I wanted to attach a small trailer behind my jeep for some need.Its all for private purpose. Write Answer
- Finance company close cheythal HPA termination cheyyaan finance companyk ayakkunna letter format enthanu? Undeliverd aaya letter vandi register cheytha RTO il thanne kodukkano? Write Answer
- എന്താണ് ടാക്സി വാഹനം ഓടിക്കുന്ന ഡ്രൈവറുടെ യൂണിഫോം? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.