Answered on October 13,2019
To transfer the ownership of the vehicle, submit the following documents at the RTO where your vehicle is registered.
Application in Form No.29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/Hire Purchase Agreement/Lease, Application in Form No.30 (Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle)
Vehicle Registration Certificate (RC)
Insurance document of the vehicle
Passport-sized photos of the seller and buyer
Road tax clearance certificate
No Objection Certificate (in case the vehicle is bought from another state).
A fee of INR 300 and Service charge of INR 50 as per rule 81 of Motor Vehicle Act.
- Can I enter Kerala with new t board car from Tamil Nadu with under registration form without the original RC book? Write Answer
- What is mean by RTI in car insurance? Is it included in bumper to bumper? Write Answer
- if there is an accident in the gap of transfer of rc, can i claim in that 14 days of grace period for own damage? i haven’t recieved the rc in postal but i got sms that rc has been changed and soon after that on the 4th day i met with an accident. Write Answer
- Pick up/ jeep il banner അല്ലെങ്കിൽ flex ketti പരസ്യം ചെയ്യുന്നതിന് എന്തെങ്കിലും നിയമ തടസം ഉണ്ടോ? വണ്ടിയുടെ നമ്പർ മറക്കാതെ കെട്ടിയൽ, അതിനും permission vagano? Write Answer
- I have a car driving license from Bengaluru, Karnataka. I have permanently moved to Kerala now. I am planning to get a heavy motor driving license as I am planning to go abroad. I would like to now what is the ideal thing to do in my case? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.