Answered on April 02,2022
A power of attorney (POA) is a legal document giving one person (the agent or attorney-in-fact) the power to act for another person, the principal. The agent can have broad legal authority or limited authority to make decisions about the principal's property, finances, or medical care.
Below is the procedure to make power of Attorney (POA) in USA for transaction in India.
Step 1: Prepare draft in word format. A draft looks like below image.
Step 2: Print the draft on normal A4 size paper
Step 3: Meet the Indian consulate or notary public near you.
Executant should sign the POA in front of notary. Notary seal and signs the POA.
The attested POA looks like below image.
Step 4: Send the POA to India through reputed shipping partner like Fedex/DHL or hand carry through personal source.
Step 5: Attorney should prepare the Request letter, addressing to District Registrar office (DRO).
The Request letter looks like below image.
Step 6: Pay the stamp duty.
For the property located in Karnataka, pay the stamp duty on K2 website. The stamp duty challan looks like below image.
Step 7: Carry the following documents to District Registrar office (DRO)
• Power of Attorney
• Request letter
• Stamp duty Challan
• ID proofs of executant & attorney (Preferably Aadhar or passport copy)
Submit the above documents in DRO, in the jurisdiction where the property is located.
DRO verify the documents and adjudicate the POA.
The Adjudicated POA looks like below image.
This completes the procedure; we used this POA for buying property in India.
We provide end to end assistance to execute Power of Attorney. To opt for our service, please whatsapp to +91-97424-79020.
Thank you for reading…
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.