Answered on March 18,2020
An applicant can apply for linking PAN with Aadhar in two ways.
- Using the SMS facility
- Using facility on e-Filing portal
- Offline Procedure
1. Using the SMS facility
You just have to send an SMS to either of the PAN service providers namely NSDL e-Governance Infrastructure Limited or UTI Infrastructure Technology And Services Limited (UTIITL).
If you are a taxpayer then you can link your Aadhaar number with PAN by sending SMS to 567678 or 56161.
UIDPAN 111122223333 AAAPA9999Q
2. Using E-filing
- Visit the e-filing portal.
- Click on 'Link Aadhar'.
- Enter the Pan number and Aadhaar number and other required details.
- Name, Date of Birth and Gender as per PAN will be validated against your Aadhaar details.
- Please ensure that "Aadhaar Number" and "Name" as per Aadhaar is exactly the same as printed on your Aadhaar card.
The Aadhar will get linked with PAN if your name and date of birth are identical to Aadhaar and PAN.
3. Offline Procedure
You can even link your Aadhaar to PAN manually. You just need to fill in the form 'Annexure-1' and have to submit the application form with the supporting documents like:
- Two Passport size photographs
- Copy of PAN card
- Copy of Aadhaar card