Answered on September 14,2019
TIN (Taxpayer Identification Number) is a unique identification number required for every business enterprise registered under VAT. A TIN typically contains 11 characters and is provided by the IT department to all the business entities willing to register under VAT or CST. All receiving and sending companies are required to mention TIN on all documents pertaining to the deals like an invoice, sales order, quotation etc.
There is no one standard procedure for TIN application. It varies from state to state.
The following is a checklist of documents that are usually required in most states in India for registration of TIN.
- Identity proof
- Address proof
- Address proof of the business that has applied for it
- PAN Card of proprietor
- 4 – 6 passport sized photographs of the concerned proprietor
How to Apply
Follow the below procedure to apply for TIN number. However, it is subject to change based on the state that has received the application.
Sign up on the VAT portal of the relevant state government with a unique login ID.
Fill up the application available on the portal with required details and upload the essential documents.
The submitted application is verified by the Commercial Tax Department of the concerned state, following which a provisional certification and TIN is allotted.
A VAT Inspector employed by the state government visits the business address as a part of the final verification and issues the final certification.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- 30 lakhs transferred from husband's NRE account to wife's savings account need any tax filing ?
- 2.5 ലക്ഷം രൂപയിൽ താഴെ വരുമാനമുള്ളവർക്ക് ITR ഫയൽ ചെയ്യാൻ കഴിയുമോ? ഇങ്ങനെ ചെയ്യുന്നതു കൊണ്ട് ഭാവിയിൽ എന്തെങ്കിലും ഗുണമുണ്ടാകുമോ?
- Co operative bank savings account 10 lakhs നു മേലെ പോയാൽ നോട്ടീസ് വരുമോ ?
- How to get Entry Tax Exemption Certificate for expansion/modernization/diversification units under operational phase ( SHLCC Approved projects) from Commerce and Industries Department in Karnataka?
- How to get Entry Tax Exemption Cerificate for new units under Operational phase (SHLCC Approved projects) from Commerce and Industries Department in Karnataka?
- How to get Entry Tax Exemption Certificate for expansion/modernization/diversification units under implementation phase (SHLCC Approved projects) from Commerce and Industries Department in Karnataka?
- How to get Entry Tax Exemption Certificate for new units under Implementation phase (SHLCC Approved projects) from Commerce and Industries Department in Karnataka?
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.