Answered on June 09,2020
Under the provisions of M.V. Act. The registrations of vehicle is treated as valid only if the vehicle has valid certificate of fitness. To renew Vehicle Fitness Certificate, you have to visit the registered RTO office of the vehicle with your vehicle and following documents.
Document required for renewal of Certificate of Fitness (CoF).
- Registration certificate
- Old C.O.F.
- Road tax clearance from account branch upto date
- Prescribed Fees
- In case of fitness certificate expires Rs.50/- is charged as penalty per day.
- Challan clearance from Transport Deptt. upto date
- Address proof of the owner
- Valid Permit
- For CNG vehicles Third Party Inspection Report for Compliance of CNG Safety Norms