Answered on March 14,2022
A sale deed is a legal document that is used during a property transaction as evidence of sale and transfer of ownership of a property from a seller to the buyer. Each sale deed has its unique number that is generated during property registration; it’s called the registration number or document number or sale deed number.
The sale Deed number is written at the top of the sale deed.
Also printed in encumbrance certificate in the following format
Sub-registrar office name-Book number - Document Number - Year of registration
Let me give a real example,
I registered the sale deed in the Jayanagar sub-registrar office in Bangalore. The registration details look like JAY-1-0568X-2020–21
The above registration details abbreviate as below
- JAY - Jayanagar sub-registrar office in Bangalore. (Every sub-registrar office have its short name and it is part of registration details)
- 1 - Stored in Book 1
- 0568X – Sale Deed number
- 2020–21 - Year of registration
We encircled the sale deed number in below sale deed for your reference
We encircled the sale deed number in below encumbrance certificate
In Karnataka, If you lost or misplaced the sale deed, we search and locate your sale deed number. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to +91-9742479020.
Thank you for reading…
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.