Answered on April 11,2022
Below is the step by step procedure to change name in Karnataka
Step 1 : Prepare an affidavit draft, a draft looks like below image.
Step 2: Buy Rs. 20 non-judicial e-stamp paper from sub-registrar office, court, co-operative bank or independent stamp vendor near you
Step 3: Print the draft on non-judicial e-stamp paper
Step 4: Carry the following documents to notary public near you
ID proof (aadhar or passport copy)
Notary publicly verify the ID proof
Deponent signs affidavit in front of notary
Notary seal and signs affidavit
An affidavit looks like below image.
Step 5: Publish in two newspapers (one in English newspaper and another local language newspaper).
Use the Affidavit and newspaper clips for changing names in other documents like aadhar, passport, PAN, Driving license, Birth certificate etc..
We provide end to end assistance for name change, including affidavit execution + newspaper publish + Affidavit & newspaper home delivered,
To opt for our service, please whatsapp to + 9 1 – 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- Can name change (in shares certificate) request can be published in Karnataka govt gazette for private service / retired private service person? Write Answer
- I have prepared name change affidavit and given ad in 2 news papers. What is the next step and how should I do it online in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What is the format of the prescribed proforma for name change in Karnataka? Write Answer
- My son is undergoing a procedure of name change due to inconsistency in mentioning the name at various records and he is a student and graduating soon by June 2022 in Karnataka. He has done the name change procedure of notary and paper publication. Now he needs to get his other documents, aadhar, passport, birth certificate, school certificates etc. updated with the changed name. Is it required for him to get the gazette notification done? As I see it is optional, but required if need to get the other documents updated. If it has to be done, where is the Office of controller of Publication in Bangalore? Please give the address and contact details. What is the procedure to get the school certificates changed (10th and 12th grade certificates). Write Answer
- Mai karnataka ka rahne wala hun mai barthiya sena mai hun mera service record mai mera naam mai eak spelling error hi. Or mera 10th certificate mai mera father ka naam bi galti hi. kya mera or father ka naam sahi karwane eak notification mai hojaega ki alag alag notification karna padega? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.