Answered on March 16,2020
The transfer of ownership of a vehicle is to be applied in the concerned zonal office where the vehicle is already registered and the following are the documents to be submitted:-
- Registration certificate in original.
- Form no.29 duly filled in duplicate (attested one copy).
- Form no.30 duly filled in duplicate.
- Self Attested copy of valid insurance certificate.
- Self Attested copy of address proof of purchaser.
- Self Attested copy of valid Pollution Under Control Certificate.
- Prescribed fee along with penalty if the transfer of ownership not applied within 14 days from the date of purchase.
- Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable).
NOTE: Application should be submitted within 14 days otherwise a penalty of INR 500/- per month will be charged.
For commercial vehicles in addition to above
- Permit surrender slips for S.T.A.(State Transport Authority)
- Challan clearance from Traffic Police & Enforcement branch of the Transport Deptt. are required.
- Tax clearance report from Accounts.
- Copy of Valid Fitness certificate.
- Transfer of ownership in case of the death of the registered owner.
In such a case, the application is to be made by the first legal heirs/the person succeeding to the possession of the vehicle with the following documents.
- Registration certificate in original
- Form No. 30 & 31 in duplicate with an endorsement of the financier if the vehicle is held on hire purchase agreement along with NOC from a financier.
- Original copy of the death certificate of the registered owner.
- Succession/Survival member Certificate issued by SDM(Subdivisional Magistrate).
- Affidavit by the applicant to this effect and from the other legal heirs relinquishing their right in favour of the applicant.
- Self Attested copies of the valid insurance certificate.
- Self Attested copy of address proof of Applicant.
- Self Attested copy of valid PUC(Pollution Under Control).
- Self Attested copy of PAN Card or Form 60 & 61(as applicable)
- Verification of vehicle on the form no. 20
NOTE: Application should be submitted within 30 days of death to the zonal office otherwise penalty of Rs. 500/- per month will be charged.
For Commercial Vehicle in addition to above
- Permit surrender slip issued by STA branch.
- Challan clearance from Traffic and enforcement branch.
- Tax clearance report from the Accounts branch.
- Valid Fitness Certificate