Answered on September 20,2019
As the vehicle is registered in Karnataka and buyer also resides in Karnataka, the application for the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle shall be made by the buyer to the registering authorities with in 14 days of the transfer, and shall be accompanied by following documents.
Form 29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease, Form 30 (Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle) shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.
Original RC book
Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
Copy of address proof
Copy of PAN card
One passport size photograph of the person who buys the vehicle
Self-addressed clothed envelope with Rs.30 worth of stamps affixed on it for speed post
Registration certificate with new owners name will be received with in 3–4 weeks.
Charges for ownership transfer fee is as follows in Karnataka RTO.
If the ownership transfer application is not made within 14 days from the date of transfer of ownership, compounding fee of INR 25/- per month for delay subject to a maximum of INR 100/- shall be paid.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I have purchased a new car and can I travel from Karnataka to Goa with my newly registered car? I have not yet received RC and Number Plate. Can you guide, whether is legal to travel outside of karnataka before receiving RC card and number plate? Write Answer
- How can i get a helping hand for re-registering my vehicle from Chennai to Bengaluru? Write Answer
- What is the penalty on the lapse in renewal of registration in Bangalore? It has been 5 years from the expire date fo registration. What would be the total fine in Bangalore ? Write Answer
- I have recently bought a new Taigun in Bengaluru and registered in KA03. I want to change my car number in Bengaluru itself. Can you tell me how this can be done? I am ok to re-register again. Please tell me the procedure and expenses thereof. Write Answer
- I have taken NOC from Chennai RTO to Bangalore RTO in 2015. However the NOC was not utilised and I lost all the original documents like RC, road tax payment receipt, NOC copy etc. What options do i have? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.