Answered on September 20,2019
As the vehicle is registered in Karnataka and buyer also resides in Karnataka, the application for the transfer of ownership of a motor vehicle shall be made by the buyer to the registering authorities with in 14 days of the transfer, and shall be accompanied by following documents.
Form 29 (Notice Of Transfer Of Ownership Of A Motor Vehicle) in duplicate
If the vehicle is covered under Hypothecation/HPA/Lease, Form 30 (Application for Intimation and Transfer of Ownership of a motor vehicle) shall be produced in duplicate with the consent of financier.
Original RC book
Copy of Pollution Under Control Certificate
Copy of address proof
Copy of PAN card
One passport size photograph of the person who buys the vehicle
Self-addressed clothed envelope with Rs.30 worth of stamps affixed on it for speed post
Registration certificate with new owners name will be received with in 3–4 weeks.
Charges for ownership transfer fee is as follows in Karnataka RTO.
If the ownership transfer application is not made within 14 days from the date of transfer of ownership, compounding fee of INR 25/- per month for delay subject to a maximum of INR 100/- shall be paid.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- What is the process of obtaining a new RC for my car in Bangalore? I am bringing it from Lucknow, and I have obtained an NOC. Can I get some assistance from agents? Write Answer
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- Whether noc is required for transfer of ownership of vehicle same city from one RTO to another in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.