Answered on September 13,2019
Getting tax refund is a long process. It might take up to 1 year. You can check the status of road tax refund during this period by filing RTI.
Full tax amount will not be refunded. Assume that you have paid road tax as 100 in Karnataka at the time of registration and you have used it for 5 years there. As lifetime of a vehicle is 15 years, you will get extra tax paid for 10 years. So you will get 100*(10/15)= 66 or something in that range.
Also, please note that either the vehicle has to be mandatory registered in new state or the Old Registration has to be applied for cancellation, post which only the refund application will be accepted for payment of Pro Rata Tax Amount
Answered on September 13,2019
Road Tax will be refunded on Pro rata basis of 15 yrs - basis registration date - till date of application for refund. For instance - if you applied for same after 5 yrs then approx 66% of original road tax paid will be refunded. The Pro Rata will be done based on Road Tax Amount. State Parking Fees, Smart Card registration fees is not refunded
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- I want to transfer my car registration to Bangalore RTO. I have applied for No Objection Certificate (NOC) online in May and sent all the required documents to Raja garden RTO.It is showing application status as "On Hold" with the remarks that documents are not received. There is no information provided related to which document is missing. How can we obtain NOC from RTO? Write Answer
- What is the process of obtaining a new RC for my car in Bangalore? I am bringing it from Lucknow, and I have obtained an NOC. Can I get some assistance from agents? Write Answer
- I have a KA registered vehicle and was fined for over speeding in Kerala (Kozhikode RTO). it is showing as blacklisted in parivahan website, How do i make the payment and clear it? Write Answer
- Whether noc is required for transfer of ownership of vehicle same city from one RTO to another in Karnataka? Write Answer
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.