How do you correct a mother’s name in a daughter’s birth certificate in Tamil Nadu?

Manoj Manoj
Answered on February 08,2020

If there is a minor correction in name of the mother such as spelling mistakes, surname inclusion, initials inclusion etc., you can take the following documents and submit it to the local Birth registrar in Municipality to update it.

  • Request letter from the person whose name has to be corrected

  • Photo ID of Parents

  • Joint Affidavit of Parents

  • Educational document of the Parent whose name has to be corrected

The Registrar, subject to her / his satisfaction, correct / cancel the error by making suitable entry in the margin without any alteration of the original entry
and shall sign the marginal entry and add thereto the date of correction/cancellation.

Ravi Ravi
Answered on September 30,2019

Visit the local municipal office and submit the following documents.

  • Name correction application

  • Certificate obtained from 2 gazetted officers mentioning the incorrect name and the correct name you want to have on the birth certificate

  • Marriage Certificate of parents

  • Hospital documents where the name of the parents & child date of birth is clearly mentioned.