Answered on March 24,2022
Below is the step-by-step procedure to pay Town Municipal Council (TMC) property tax in Bangalore.
Step 1: We should have previous tax-paid receipt; receipt contains the details of owner name, property size and village name of the property location.
Below is the image of previous tax-paid receipt, which we paid in 2020.
Step 2: Visit TMC office (in the jurisdiction where the property is located)
Step 3: Show your previous tax-paid receipt in tax counter, officer provides tax challan.
The tax challan looks like below image. (The challan has three copies, one for bank copy, another for TMC copy and another citizen copy).
Step 4: Visit the nearest Bank of Baroda, show the challan at cash counter and pay the property tax in mode of cash, credit card or debit card.
Bank acknowledges the payment with seal & sign on challan. Refer to the below image.
Step 5: Visit back the TMC office with challan acknowledged by bank.
TMC officer acknowledges the receipt of payment and attests the seal on the tax receipt. The receipt looks like below image.
This completes the procedure to pay TMC property tax in Bangalore.
Note: No online option to pay TMC property tax. Have to visit TMC office and Bank of Baroda to pay property tax.
We provide end-to-end assistance to pay property tax. To opt for our service, please WhatsApp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
- The builder is delaying in providing the OC for my apartment and also completing the amenities. What type of action can be taken on the builder to get the OC in Bangalore? Write Answer
- I see my name as owner in Bhoomi Rtc, but I also see another persons name under liabilities. What does this mean ? Does it affect my ownership on the property in any way ? Write Answer
- Land in a particular survey no. in Karnataka was converted to residential area about 35 yrs back. But RTC still remains in the name of 3 land owners of that survey number out of which 2 are already dead. What to do? How to prove that the RTC is no more valid? Write Answer
- I purchased a flat in June 2018. Builder delayed issuing Khata certificate. Whether builder has to pay property tax for 4 years or the purchaser? Write Answer
- ನಮ್ಮ ತಂದೆ ತಿರಿಹೊಗಿದ್ದಾರೆ. ಹಾಗಾಗಿ ನಮ್ಮ ತಾಯಿ ಹೆಸರಿಗೆ ಹೇಗೇ ಮನೆ ಪತ್ರಗ್ರಾ ರಿಜಿಸ್ಟರ್ ಮಾಡ್ಬೇಕು ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.