Answered on June 22,2022
Khata is a legal document issued to property owners and it essentially consists of information such as owner name, size, area and location of the property and if the property is residential or commercial
A- Khata denotes a document that the property owner has duly paid relevant property taxes to the BBMP and is in ownership of a legal property. With an A Khata in hand, property owners can apply for basic amenities like electricity, water, sewage and avail loans on the property
Documents require to apply for A- Khata:
- Registered Deed
- Encumbrance Certificate (EC)
- Tax paid receipt
- Seller Khata if purchased from individual
- Occupation Certificate if purchased from builder
- Aadhar (mobile number should linked to Aadhar)
Fees to apply for A- Khata application: Approx 2% of sale deed’s stamp duty
For Example: If you purchased a property for Rs. 50 Lakh. Would have paid the stamp duty of 5.1% of buying price, that is Rs. 50,00,000 X 5.1% = 2,55,000
Your khata fee is approx Rs. 2,55,000 X 2% = 5100 (in Rs.)
The A-Khata payment receipt looks like below image:
Lead time to get the A-khata is 35 working days.
File the A-Khata application online on Sakala Online service,
In a separate answer, we wrote a detailed procedure to apply for A-khata. This answer is applicable for both new property and resale property, linking the answer below for your reference
We provide assistance to obtain A-Khata from BBMP. To opt for our service, please Whatsapp to + 9 1 - 9 7 4 2 4 7 9 0 2 0.
Thank you for reading…
Bhoomi RTC - Land Records in Karnataka (2022)Bhoomi (meaning “land”) is an online portal for the management of land records in the state of Karnataka. This portal provides the following information. Land owners de..
- How to check bda khata online? Write Answer
- How to get duplicate khata certificate? Write Answer
- Where to find a khata plots for sale in Bangalore? Write Answer
- I need to obtain Khata and EC for a site i own Mysore. The only information I have for the site is physical pinpoint location. I have searched online for the documents and could not find anything. Does anybody have any suggestions? Write Answer
- How can I see my khata transfer certificate online? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
PGN Property Management
The Nilgiris TV
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.