How can I update my daughter’s name in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana? I have already opened SSY in the post office. Now, I want to add an initial to my daughter’s name on the birth certificate. Can I make the same changes in the SSY account?

Suraj Suraj
Answered on August 23,2019

To change the name of the girl child under the SSY, the girl or the guardian (in case of the account holder is less than 10 years) should visit the post office or the bank from where the account has been opened. An affidavit and relevant proof of a change of name of the girl child is to be carried along with all relevant documents – Birth certificate of the child, address proof, identity proof and documents of the SSY account.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question