For EWS Certificate, the tehsil officers are on a denial to accept that my family doesn't own any land and asking us to show some proof. How should i go about this or how to approach this legally?

Mayank Mayank
Answered on September 18,2019

The term "Family" for the purpose of issuing EWS certificate will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.

The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.

So if your "Family" doesn't have any asset, then you can submit a notarized affidavit stating that neither you nor your family owns any asset.

Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question