Answered on September 18,2019
The term "Family" for the purpose of issuing EWS certificate will include the person who seeks the benefit of reservation, his/her parents and siblings below the age of 18 years as also his/her spouse and children below the age of 18 years.
The property held by a "Family" in different locations or different places/cities would be clubbed while applying the land or property holding test to determine EWS status.
So if your "Family" doesn't have any asset, then you can submit a notarized affidavit stating that neither you nor your family owns any asset.
Concerned officer will do an inquiry of your income and asset before providing the EWS certificate.
- What is the validity of Ews certificate for college admission in kerala ? Write Answer
- Is marthomite(christian) community eligible for reservation under ews category in kerala? Will they come under the category of marthoma Christians? Write Answer
- Are Government Employees eligible for EWS Certificate? Write Answer
- How do I get the application form for EWS certificate in West Bengal? Write Answer
- Why are muslim candidates in Telangana State not eligible for EWS certificate? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Indian Highways Management Company Limited
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.