Answered on September 29,2019
You can pay road tax irrespective of getting your vehicle re-registered in Karnataka. Also, NOC is not required for payment of road tax in Bangalore. Earlier, other states vehicle has to pay road tax within 30 days of coming to Bangalore. As per the current rules, other state vehicles need not pay lifetime tax unless the vehicle is used in the state for more than 1 year.
For Vehicle Re-registration, paying lifetime tax is mandatory. Vehicle re-registration needs to be completed within 11 months of coming to Bangalore. So, the road tax has to be paid within 11 months of plying your vehicle in Bangalore.
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
- What are the steps I need to take to get my vehicle registered in Karnataka and complete all associated formalities? My vehicle is relocating from West Bengal to Karnataka Write Answer
- I bought an outlander car in the year 2015 which is WB registered and got NOC, is it still valid to re-register car in Karnataka. If valid then how to calculate Road tax for KA. Is there any fine that need to be paid since it is not registered? Write Answer
- I purchased a car in Kolkata 6 months back and now i need to relocate to Pune. Do I need to obtain NOC immediately to use car in Pune or can I use my car in Pune for a year's time within which I can obtain NOC from Kolkata and get my car registered? Can someone clarify whether the car can be used in Pune or not and how long without NOC and Pune registration? Write Answer
- We have taken west bengal car and taken NOC to Pune. Now we have to cancel that Noc. And we have to take noc to Andhra pradesh. What is process? Write Answer
- My WB registered vehicle is going to complete fifteen years, how to get it registered again? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
PGN Property Management
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.