Answered on September 29,2019
You can pay road tax irrespective of getting your vehicle re-registered in Karnataka. Also, NOC is not required for payment of road tax in Bangalore. Earlier, other states vehicle has to pay road tax within 30 days of coming to Bangalore. As per the current rules, other state vehicles need not pay lifetime tax unless the vehicle is used in the state for more than 1 year.
For Vehicle Re-registration, paying lifetime tax is mandatory. Vehicle re-registration needs to be completed within 11 months of coming to Bangalore. So, the road tax has to be paid within 11 months of plying your vehicle in Bangalore.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
Complete Guide to RTO Services in KarnatakaRegional Transport Office (RTO) is a government organization responsible for issuing vehicle related certificates in India. RTO in Karnataka provides the following services. No Objectio..
Click here to get a detailed guide
- I purchased a Verna from Kolkata whose tax is due from last year. Can I pay one year tax, as I already want to get it registered here in Rajasthan? Write Answer
- I have taken my car to Pune and my car registration is from Kolkata. What to do? Write Answer
- I have registered my WB registration car with Karnataka RTO after following the entire process of another state re-registration, but car number still remains the same as WB. I want to change it KA number plate. What do I need to do? Write Answer
- I brought a scooty with karnataka registration no. 3 years back. I came to west bengal with noc. But I didn't re registered my scooty here. Now again I am planning to go back to Bangalore. And want to take my scooty also. What I have to do now? Write Answer
- My bike NOC is expired in 2014 from Kolkata. I have moved from Kolkata to Hyderabad and now to Odisha. By any means can I get it registered at odisha now? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
pravasi online helper
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.