Answered on October 09,2019
The voters left out of NRC will have the right to vote until and unless their case is pending at the Foreigners Tribunal. According to the Election Commission, D (Doubtful) Voter will remain on Assam's electoral roll unless their case is decided by a Foreigners' Tribunal.
- My father was born in 1948 and mother in 1952. I have birth certificates for both of them. My father passed away in 1992. In the birth certificate of my father, name is written as "male" only and grandparents' names are written. However, my mother's birth certificate is ok. In the birth certificates of us, we all have some spelling mistakes in father's name and in grandfather's name as well. But my mother's name is correct. For NRC, linkage with mother is enough or will we be required to prove linkage with father too? Is the birth certificate only enough to prove linkage, if not then what other documents will be required? Write Answer
- ആരാണ് മൗലികമായി ഇന്ത്യക്കാരനാണെന്നു പറയപ്പെടുന്നത് ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Molleti Ramesh Babu
Jean at Adventus Canada immigration
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.