Answered on September 13,2019
Yes it is possible.
- You will need to provide a valid address proof of you or your spouses residence within BLR city limits.
- You will need to provide age proofs to prove that you both are majors
- You will also need to provide a valid certificate of marriage (not necessarily a registered certificate) from the place where you were married. It is usually a sheet which the person conducting the wedding provides with a signature/seal/registration number along with witnessess. Many instituted places of worship which are run by trusts have this facility.
- In the event of marriage certificate not available. You will need to provide a wedding invitation, photographs from your wedding and two passport photographs of your selves (this incase the webcam is not working).
- You will need two witnesses to sign, preferably atleast one witness who would have signed on the certificate in step 3.
Submit the documents to registrar.
Answered on September 13,2019
Even if the social marriage has been consummated at any other place, but you can still get the marriage registered in Bangalore, just by following a specified procedure which is explained here:
Step 1: Approach the registrar’s office, and collect a registration form. Fill it up with all the details mentioned, signed by both the parties and relevant documents supporting the facts mentioned and proving the age and nationality of the parties. Submit the application to the registrar’s office.
Step 2: After the submission, one week of the notice period is required to be followed. A list shall be published in two of the most circulated local newspaper, as well as a list shall be hung before the registrar’s office.
Step 3: In case, no valid objection arises on the marriage, then the marriage procedure can proceed. Any objection based on caste, religion, race, economic status etc. are not considered as valid, but any objection based on the marital status of any of the parties to the marriage is considered to be a valid reason.
Step 4: A date will be declared by the registrar, the parties, along with two witnesses each has to be present at the office to perform the legal formalities. The witnesses must be someone in relation to the parties, or friends.
The procedures must be fulfilled as it has been prescribed. Any discrepancy can lead to the cancellation of the application. Therefore, it is important to let the professionals handle the registration procedure.
- In how many days the incentives will come for intercaste marriage? Write Answer
- How many days it will take for intercaste marriage amount to transfer our account in Karnataka? Write Answer
- I have applied for registered marriage in Karnataka. They have asked for the 10th marksheet and community certificate but I have lost my 10th mark sheet and I have Xerox copy attested by government officials. İs xerox ok or else I have to reapply for the original? Write Answer
- I have already applied for the incentive for intercaste marriage in Karnataka from Social Welfare Department, some 6 months back. We have not got any amount from the government. What to do? Write Answer
- How much days it will take to get assistance after I apply for the inter-caste marriage scheme? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.