Answered on October 11,2019
You can change your name anytime by following the below process.
Create an affidavit for change of name: An affidavit needs to be made explaining why the name change is required.
Publish about your name change in Newspaper: After Notarizing the affidavit, you need to publish the change of your name in two local newspapers.
Notify it in State Gazette: Gazette Publication is mandatory for government employees and optional for others. However, if you need to update your name in various certificates and id cards, they might ask you for a copy of Gazette.
You can check this link for detailed procedure on how to change your name legally in India.
Once you got your name published in the Gazette, you can request the College/University to make the required amendments to it. In case the certificate contains your old name, you can either get it rectified from University or submit the certificate along with gazette for future purposes.
- How to get my name changed after gazatte india notification in my cbse 10 th certificate? Write Answer
- Can you suggest me a good lawyer who can take care of my whole name change procedure in rajasthan Jaipur? Write Answer
- How many days it take in Haryana for name change in gazzette? Write Answer
- I have changed my official name and it had published in gazette of India but my school and college certificates still have the old name. What to do? Write Answer
- I want to change my certificate name officially. How to change it? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Institute of Local Administration - KILA
Task Master Gulf
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.