Answered on February 05,2020
Section 80DD is eligible for deduction to resident individual in respect of maintenance including medical treatment of a handicapped dependent, being a person with disability. Whereas Section 80U eligible for deduction to individual in respect of a person with disability.
An assessee may claim both deductions simultaneously where assessee is resident individual himself and is a person with disability(Section 80U) and also has incurred an expenditure for the medical treatment of a dependent person with disability(Section 80DD) or has paid or deposited amount under any scheme framed in this behalf by the LIC or any other insurer, etc.
- What is the upper limit/maximum deduction available for Hindu Undivided Family (HUF) assessee under section 80D, i.e., for the payment made towards medical insurance?
- Who is eligible for claiming deduction under section 80C for payment of tuition Fees?
- What is the upper limit /maximum deduction under section 80C?
- Under which section interest on deposit in case of senior citizens is allowable as deduction?
- In schedule (Tax Dedeucted at Source)TDS, one is required to enter the head under which corresponding receipt has been offered? In some cases, TDS is deducted by the payer in current year, but corresponding income is to be offered in future years. How to fill up Schedule TDS in such cases?
- My son is an NRI and his tenant has to deduct TDS (Tax Deducted at Source) every month and deposit in the bank. After every quarter, he has to submit Form 27A and 27Q online and then generate Form 16A. Is it possible that I deposit TDS amount as advance tax every month in the bank?
- വാടക വരുമാനത്തിന് TDS വരുമോ ? എപ്പോഴാണ് വരിക ?