Answered on August 28,2019
Aadhaar or m-Aadhaar issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI) can be used as proof for entering Airport.
As per Bureau of Civil Aviation Security, any of the following ID can be used as proof for entering airport for Domestic Flights.
- Voter ID card;
- Photo Identity card issued by Election Commission of India;
- Aadhaar or m-Aadhaar issued by Unique Identification Authority of India (UIDAI);
- PAN Card issued by Income Tax Department;
- Driving License issued by RTO;
- Service Photo Identity Card issued by State/Central Government, Public Sector Undertakings, local bodies or Public Limited Companies;
- Student Photo Identity Cards issued by Government Institutions/Government recognized Educational Institutions;
- Nationalized Bank Passbook with attested Photograph; IX. Pension card / Pension documents having photograph of the passenger;
- Disability Photo ID Card/handicapped medical certificate issued by the respective StatelUT Governments/Administrations
In case of a passenger who for some valid reasons is not in a position to produce any of the above-listed photo identity proofs, the Identity Certificate issued by a Group' A' Gazetted Officer of the Central/State Government on his official letterhead with passenger's photograph duly attested will be valid for this purpose.
How to download Aadhaar card ?Aadhaar (UID) is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. Apart from serving the purpose of verification, aadhar also helps individual to open n..
How to update aadhaar card details ?Aadhaar is a 12 digit unique number which helps you to verify your identity all over the country. All the details provided in Aadhaar regarding your identity can be updated. Following detai..
- My adhar address update was incorrectly rejected saying that I have not updated the original scan copy of the address proof. Looks like some incompetent government employee sitting behind the system dictates his own terms here.Do they provide refund? Write Answer
- I request my wife's Aadhaar address update for 19 February 2020. But still not updated.Many times I have checked but it shows as the update in process. I have made an application long time ago but it still didn't get updated. Can I make make new application or will it get updated later? Write Answer
- I tried to update aadhar online. Got URN also. At the end, the payment was not successful. I tried to apply again. It says already exists. How to do the payment to the same URN or how to cancel the URN ? Write Answer
- How can i change my address in aadhar card from one state to another state? Write Answer
- Can I get refund for the deduction of amount when I requested to update address but it got rejected by UIDAI ? Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.