Answered on August 28,2019
Application duly filled in should be given in prescribed form in duplicate under Section 16 of the Special Marriage Act 1954 along with prescribed fee to the marriage officer. If there are no objections, marriage officer will register the marriage after 30 days if the husband and wife appear along with 3 witnesses subject to following conditions:
- They should have married and must be living together since then.
- At the time of marriage any of them should not have more than one living wife or husband.
- Any of them should not be idiot or lunatic at the time of registration of marriage.
- Husband and wife should have completed age of 21. They should not be within the degree of prohibited relationship described in schedule I of the Act.
- Husband and wife should have lived for a period not less than 30 days within the jurisdiction of marriage officer where registration is sought to be done.
Hey , can you help?
Answer this question
- 2018 ലാണ് എന്റെ വിവാഹം നടന്നത് രണ്ട് വീട്ടുക്കാർ മാത്രം. ക്ഷണക്കത്ത് ഇല്ല , ആരാധനാലയത്തിലുമല്ല. വീട്ടിൽ നിന്ന് ഇതുവരെയും രജിസ്റ്റർ ചെയ്തിട്ടില്ല. ഇനി ചെയ്യാൻ പറ്റുമോ ? Write Answer
- Within how many days marriage should be registered in Mumbai? Write Answer
- What is form 2 while registering marriage in Kerala? Write Answer
- How can I get my marriage certificate if I was married at Mumbai suburb (Matunga) on 17th February 1955? Write Answer
- నేను హిందూ ముస్లిం అబ్బాయి ని పెళ్లి చేసుకుంటున్నాను పెళ్లి సర్టిఫికేట్ ఇవ్వడానికి హాజీ లు నిరకరిస్తున్నారు ఇస్లీమ్ సర్టిఫికెట్ పొందుటకు ప్రాసెస్ మరియు ఏ కార్యాలయం లో నమోదు చేయాలి Write Answer
Top contributors this week
Kerala Development and Innovation Strategic Council (KDISC)
Advocate Sreekala B @6282313023
Vileena Rathnam Manohar
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.