Answered on February 05,2021
No, as per guidelines FASTag is issued to each vehicle based on RC copy of the vehicle. If there is mismatch, the ETC system at the toll plaza will detect the class mismatch and the FASTag is liable to be ‘blacklisted’ by the issuer bank and no new FASTag can be issued further against that vehicle number. FASTag users are advised to desist from such practice.
Answered on October 29,2019
No, FASTag is issued to each vehicle based on KYC documents submitted. If a FASTag for instance bought for one Car is used for a Truck then such FASTag shall get blacklisted resulting into denial of vehicle passage from FASTag lanes on Toll Plazas. FASTag users are advised to desist from such practice.
How to fix fastag issues? (2022)FASTag allows you to pass through the toll plaza without stopping for the cash transaction. However, at times you might have faced any of the following issues with fastag. Blacklisting ..
- Can one vehicle use more than one FASTag?
- Can we use 2 FASTags for one car?
- I have bought a second-hand car and on it, there is a fastag of the previous owner which is not working. Can I replace it with a new one?
- I have received the FASTag balance amount but not received the security deposit money till now. Whom to contact?
- I bought second hand car and already ownership transfer done and Mparivahan portal show now i am the owner. Now i need to apply for fastag , in my bank. I submit all the docs to my bank , and my fastag account created by bank and i deposit first payment via check also.Now bank says , your old owner fastag id was blacklisted , so you need to remove close old id then after we can create new one for you. How can i get to know my cars old fastag id and bank name and how can i close the old id?
- I was using SBI Fastag when raised surrender request my balance was Rs40 then Got 240 rupees refund. When I tried to apply new one from another bank they are saying my vehicle blacklisted by SBI. I contacted SBI they are asking me to call 1033. They are saying bank has to do this. Now I don't even have active fastag account to recharge. This seems some system issue how can I get my vehicle in whitelist?
- My fastag was blacklisted and rejected for renewal. I purchased new one from another bank. Where can I stick this ?
Top contributors this week
Tahsildar, Kurnool District, AP / Govind Singh R
PGN Property Management
Best Practices while applying for Government services online
1. Check whether you are eligible to apply for this service.
2. Check the documents required for application before applying.
3. Keep the documents in one folder for ease of access.
4. In case of any doubts, check whether the queries are already answered. You can check the FAQ section of the department website or use platforms like Tesz for this purpose.
5. Once you have applied, note down the application number to track the status.
6. Check the time required for the completion of the service. If the service is not completed within the due time, track the status online or reach out to the department.