Answered on April 04,2021
Yes, a co-owner can do a rental agreement in the absence of another co-owner. Under the following circumstances
Obtain “ General or special power of attorney”
If in medical condition, attach the copy of medical report and specify in rent agreement that representing co-owner.
If co-owner has geographical constrain, still co-owner can sign the rent agreement through digital signing. Use the application like digisign, docusign or easysign, I am sure there are many other players in market that facalitate digital signing.
Thank you for reading…
- What are some points to remember while drafting a rental agreement ?
- Is backdated rent agreement created on today's date stamp paper allowed?
- Who keeps the original rent agreement, the land lord or tenant?
- What are my options if my landlord does not return my deposit money?
- I have white ration card in Kerala. How can i change to blue card.I have a private job my income is 24000 per year. I am residing in a rental house.I have two kids who are studying.I am in general category.No house and No cars.How can i change my card?
- I am a senior citizen was doing insurance business and rental income filed ITR 3 for few years. Last year no income from insurance, filed ITR1. This year participated in TCS buy back (IPO). I have to file ITR2?
- I recently purchased a used car in Trivandrum and looking for help on RTO name transfer. Would like to know approved address proof documents. None of my proofs like Aadhar, Passport,etc. have Trivandrum address as I stay here only for my job for some time. I have a rental agreement and got an address proof letter from my company. But RTO refuses to accept the company address proof as the letter head has Bangalore address of my company in the footer section. But they have clearly mentioned that I reside in Trivandrum. Could you help me to know what proofs to do name transfer can I provide more and appreciate any help on the same?